Huawei’s Honor brand launched the Honor 9i, a mid-range smartphone with dual front and rear cameras back in October last year. Today the company has announced that it will launch another smartphone with dual front and rear cameras in the country later this month. This will likely be the Honor 9 Lite that was introduced in China last month.
It has a 5.65-inch full HD+ full-screen display with 18:9 aspect ratio and comes with a 13-megapixel front and rear cameras along with a secondary 2-megapixel rear camera to capture depth information.
It is powered by Kirin 659 SoC, similar most other mid-range Huawei and Honor phones, but this runs on Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0 out-of-the-box. It has a metal frame, glass back, has a fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Honor 9 Lite specifications
- 5.65-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor (4 xA53 at 2.36GHz + 4 x A53 at 1.7GHz) with MaliT830-MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) with EMUI 8.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash, secondary 2MP camera, PDAF
- 13MP front-facing camera, secondary 2MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 151× 71.9 × 7.6mm; Weight: 149g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery (typical)
The Honor 9 Lite comes in Black, Blue, Grey and Black colors and was introduced in China starting at 1199 yuan (US$ 182 / Rs. 11,670 approx.). We should know the price of the smartphone when it launches in the next few weeks.