OnePlus just introduced its flagship OnePlus 5T smartphone at an event in Brooklyn, New York as it had promised. It has a 6.01-inch Full HD+ Optic AMOLED Display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, 80.5% screen-to-body ratio and with DCI-P3 color coverage, compared to the 5.5-inch 1080p screen on the OnePlus 5 , but body is almost same. Since it has a large screen, it doesn’t have a home button and ceramic fingerprint sensor has been moved to the back to unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds.
It has the same 16-megapixel primary rear camera with wide-angle lens and large f/1.7 aperture, but the OnePlus 5’s telephoto lens has been replaced by 20-megapixel sensor with f/1.7 aperture for better low-light photography and improved depth-of-field (bokeh) effect that blurs backdrops in portrait mode and offers crisp zoom. It has the same 16-megapixel front-facing camera, but this has new face recognition feature to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds.
It runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS 4.7 that brings new features like Parallel Apps, Gallery Map and several customizations.
Other things are similar to the OnePlus 5, including an Anodized Aluminum unibody metal design, Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform, 6GB / 8GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage based on UFS 2.1, coupled with 2-lane ROM and a 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge that promises a day of battery life with half an hour of charge.
OnePlus 5T specifications
- 6.01-inch (2106 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ Optic AMOLED 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 5 display, sRGB, DCI-P3 color coverage
- 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 64-bit 10nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage (UFS 2.1 ), 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS 4.7, Upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Sony IMX398 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, EIS, secondary 20MP camera with f/1.7 aperture, Sony IMX376K sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, 4K at 30fps, 1080p at 60 fps, 720p slow motion at 120fps
- 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, 3 microphones with noise cancellation, Dirac HD Sound
- Dimensions: 156.1x75x7.3mm; Weight: 162g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB 2.0 Type-C, NFC
- 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V 4A)
The OnePlus 5T comes in Midnight Black color and is priced at Rs. 32,999 ($499 in the U.S.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage and the top-end 8GB RAM with 128GB version costs Rs. 37,999 ($559 in the U.S.), same as the predecessor. It will be available exclusively from Amazon.in starting from 4:30PM on November 21st for Prime customers, OnePlus India Online Store and OnePlus experience store in Bangalore as a part of early access sale. It will be available through open sale from OnePlus India Online Store, Amazon.in as well as OnePlus Experience Stores from November 28th.
Commenting on the launch, OnePlus Founder and CEO Pete Lau, said:
The feedback on the OnePlus 5 has been very positive, but there were some areas where we saw room for improvement to create an even better user experience.We love nothing more than offering our community the latest and greatest technology and a user experience to beat expectations. Once again, we’ve worked hard to refine every last detail.
Manish Tiwary, Vice President, Category Management, Amazon India, said:
Amazon.in has successfully brought the flagship OnePlus smartphone devices to Indian customers, reiterating our long-term exclusive partnership with the brand since 2014, we are thrilled to offer our customers exclusive access to yet another impressive smartphone, the OnePlus 5T. This smartphone comes with Full Optic AMOLED display & an enhance camera performance in low-light. Smartphones are one of the fastest growing product lines and have repeatedly been a top selling category on Amazon.in.