Xiaomi just announced Mi Max 2, successor of last year’s Mi Max phablet at an event in China. It packs the same 6.44-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display as the predecessor, but this has 0.7mm ultra narrow bezel on the side. It is powered by Snapdragon 625 processor, has an improved 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF and dual-tone LED flash.
It has a full metal unibody design with rounded edges and is just 7.6mm thick. The antenna bands have been moved to the top and bottom. It has dual stereo speakers, one embedded into the earpiece and other on the bottom. It has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
It has a huge 5300mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging that lets you charge the phone up to 68% in one hour, compared to 4850mAh battery on the predecessor. It has dual charging module that offers better heat dispersion. It promises up to 18 hours of video playback or 57 hours of talk time on a single charge.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 specifications
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 450nits brightness, 1000 : 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size
- 5MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 174.1×88.7×7.6mm; Weight: 211g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5300mAh (typical) / 5200mAh (minimum) battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 comes in Golden color and is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 247 / Rs.15949 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB Storage version and the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs 1999 yuan (US$ 290 / Rs. 18770 approx.). It will go on sale in China from June 1st.