Samsung is expected to introduce Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones at an even next month. Logo of the Galaxy S8+ surfaced recently along with support page on Samsung India site with the model number SM-G955FD confirming Dual SIM support. Thanks to @evleaks, specifications of the Galaxy S8+ has surfaced confirming most of the specifications of the phone, including Iris scanner and earphones tuned by AKG.
It reveals a 6.2-inch (full rectangle) or 6.1-inch (with rounded corners) Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display. Most of the specifications including 12-megapixel dual pixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front-facing camera, IP68 ratings water and dust resistance and more were revealed in earlier leaks.
Samsung Galaxy S8+ rumored specification
- 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2560×1440 pixels) curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 / Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS with GLONASS, USB 2.0, NFC
- 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
Both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ smartphones are expected to be unveiled on March 29 at an event in New York. The Galaxy S8 with a 5.8-inch display is said to retail for €799 (US$ 850 / Rs. 56830 approx.) and the 6.2-inch S8+ is said to cost €899 (US$ 956 / Rs. 63,947 approx.) and both the phones are expected to go on sale on April 21. Samsung is reportedly aiming to ship 60 million units for the Galaxy S8 this year.