Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 3S smartphone in India, as it had promised. It packs a 5-inch HD display, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 SoC, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 7 on top, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus of just 0.1 second and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has full metal magnesium alloy unibody design and packs a 4100mAh battery. It also comes in a Prime version that has a fingerprint sensor on the back. It has hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the secondary nano SIM slot as a microSD slot when required.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S / Redmi 3S Prime specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage / 3GB LPDDR3 (eMMC5.1) RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- Fingerprint sensor (Redmi 3S Prime), Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh / 4100mAh (typical) battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 3S and come in in Dark grey, Silver and Gold colors. The Redmi 3s is priced at Rs. 6,999 for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant and the Redmi 3S Prime with 3GB RAM, 32GB storage and fingerprint sensor costs Rs. 8,999.
Both the phones will be initially available on Mi.com and Flipkart through open sale. Redmi 3S Prime will be available starting August 9th 12 Noon onwards and Redmi 3S will be available starting from August 16th.
Commenting on the launch, Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi, said:
I am thrilled to be introducing a Redmi device today and once again change the game in the sub-10k smartphone industry in India. Redmi 3S packs a punch with a large 4100 mAh battery that easily powers through two days of usage on a single charge, and is the first smartphone in India powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor. Coupled with an amazing 13MP camera built into a premium metal finish body, we believe that Mi fans will love Redmi 3S and Redmi 3S Prime for their amazing features at simply incredible prices.