Xiaomi just announced Redmi 3s a variant of the Redmi 3 in China. It has a 5-inch HD screen, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus of just 0.1 second and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera, similar to the Redmi 3, but this has is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 SoC and comes in 2GB of RAM with 16GB storage or 3GB of RAM with 32GB storage variants.
It has full metal magnesium alloy unibody design, has a fingerprint sensor on the back, is 8.5mm thick, weighs 144 grams and packs a 4100mAh battery. It has hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the secondary nano SIM slot as a microSD slot when required.
Xiaomi Redmi 3s specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage / 3GB LPDDR3 (eMMC5.1) RAM with 32GB internal storage expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s comes in Dark grey, silver and gold colors and is priced at 699 yuan (US$ 106 / Rs. 7120 approx.) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version costs 899 yuan (US$ 136 / Rs. 9165 approx.) . Both the variants will go on sale starting in Chine from June 16th through mi.com. No details about the global roll out yet.