Back in March at the //Build 2016 in San Francisco, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 is now running on more than 270 million active devices worldwide after 8 months of its launch, making it the fastest growth on any Windows ever, outpacing Windows 7 in the same time-frame by 145%. Today the company has announced that it is running on more than 300 million active devices worldwide after 9 months of its launch.
Earlier this year Microsoft announced that it was running on more than 200 million active devices worldwide.
Here are some latest insights about the adoption of Windows 10 and what people have been doing on Windows 10:
- Over 63 billion minutes were spent on Microsoft Edge in March alone, with 50% growth in minutes since the last quarter.
- Cortana, the personal digital assistant in Windows 10, has helped answer over 6 billion questions since launch.
- People are playing games on Windows 10 more than ever before, with over 9 billion hours of gameplay on Windows 10 since launch.
- Apps that come with Windows 10, including Photos, Groove Music, and Movies & TV are seeing millions of active users each month, including more than 144 million people using Photos.
- Windows Store continues to grow daily with new Universal Windows Platform apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger; updated UWP apps from Vine, Hulu, Netflix and Twitter; and popular PC games including Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break.
As we already know, Windows 10 will be free to upgrade for existing users of Windows 7, 8 or 8.1 till July 29th, 2016. Windows 10 is available in different editions – Home, Pro, Enterprise and Education. You can buy Windows 10 Home for Rs. 7,999 / $119 or Windows 10 Pro for Rs. 14,999 / $199 from the Microsoft online store or retail stores.