Lenovo XT1700 / XT1706 have surfaced on GFXBench. Lenovo already promised that it will not discontinue the Moto E or Moto G lineup, so this could be upcoming Moto E (2016) smartphone. Looks like the Moto E series will finally have a 5-inch screen and is powered by a MediaTek SoC for the first time, according to the listing. It is also expected to come with Corning Gorilla Glass protection and water repellent coating.
Lenovo XT1700 / XT1706 / Moto E (2016) rumored specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6735P processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) OS
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
It is not clear if the phone will come with a new design since we don’t have any images of the smartphone yet. The 2nd generation Moto E (2015) was introduced back in February last year and was launched in March. So the next-gen Moto E (2016) is expected to soon.