Xiaomi has launched its flagship Mi 5 smartphone in India, as it had promised recently. The smartphone was announced at an event in China and at the MWC 2016 last month, packs a 5.15-inch 1080p display, is powered by a Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor with Adreno 530 GPU, has 3GB of RAM, runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 7 on top, has a fingerprint sensor, 16-megapixel camera on the back with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS and a 4MP front-facing camera.
It also has dual SIM support, comes with 4G LTE and has a 3,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Xiaomi Mi 5 specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with curved glass, 95% of the NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness
- 1.8GHz Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 7
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 4MP front-facing camera with 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25mm; Weight: 129g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3,000mAh (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) built-in battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Mi 5 comes in Black, White and Gold colors and is priced at Rs. 24,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant. It will be available from mi.com through flash sale starting from April 6th. Mi protect for the phone costs Rs. 499. Check out our Mi 5 Unboxing and benchmarks.
Commenting on the launch, Hugo Barra, Vice President, Xiaomi, said:
We are so excited to bring to India the most beautiful device we have unveiled so far, and only within a month of its global launch. Mi 5 is the perfect embodiment of high performance and a beautiful, lightweight design. It has been in the making for 19 months, and has several tech breakthroughs built into it, like the 4-axis OIS camera.
Sunil Lalvani, Vice President, Qualcomm, and President of Qualcomm India, said:
Qualcomm Technologies is very pleased to work with Xiaomi on their latest flagship Mi5 device, featuring the cutting-edge premium tier Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, designed to deliver amazing performance, connectivity and power savings. Xiaomi and Qualcomm Technologies have a long-standing, strong relationship and have worked closely together for many years to deliver a shared vision of bringing new and truly compelling user experiences to consumers and we are excited to help bring the Mi 5 to consumers in India.