[Update: Motorola will live stream the launch event on February 1st at 3PM. Check out the video below.]
Earlier: Motorola teased the launch of its Moto X Force smartphone earlier this week, today the company has sent out invites for the launch event that is scheduled for February 1st and 2nd. It has Moto ShatterShield, the world’s first shatterproof display, packs a 5.4-inch Quad HD AMOLED screen, is powered by a Snapdragon 810 processor, runs on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) and has a 3760mAh battery.
At the announcement Motorola said that the display is guaranteed not to crack or shatter for up to 4 years.
Motorola Moto X Force specifications
- 5.4-inch (1440×2560 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED 540 ppi display with Moto Shattershield
- 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32/64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 87-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture , 1.4um pixel
- Dimensions: 149.8 x 78 x 7.6-9.2 mm (curve); Weight: 169g
- 4G LTE / 3G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- 3760mAh battery with Turbo charging, PMA and Qi wireless charging
The Motorola Moto X Force comes with Black Ballistic Nylon finish. We should know the price for India at the launch in less than two weeks. Check out the drop test by Varun at the CES earlier this month.