HTC has announced One A9, the company’s first One A series smartphone. It has a 5-inch full HD AMOLED, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 processor and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense UI on top. HTC says that the unlocked version will get Android updates within 15 days once Google pushes out the update for the Nexus devices. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) that improves camera’s focus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), RAW image capture and an Ultrapixel front-facing camera. It looks a lot like the Apple iPhone 6.
It also has a multi-directional fingerprint sensor integrated into the home button for secured lock and Android Pay, and comes with 4G LTE connectivity with support for FDD: Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28 and TDD: Bands 38, 40, 41 in the Asian version. It has powerful speakers on the bottom and has built-in DAC that delivers 192kHz / 24bit studio-quality audio.
HTC One A9 Specifications
- 5.0-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 (4 x 1.5GHz + 4 x 1.2GHz) processor with Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage / 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense UI
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, OIS, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Ultrapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 145.75 x 70.8 x 7.26mm; Weight: 143g
- Multi-directional fingerprint sensor
- 24-bit, 192kHz supported by Hi-Fi DAC, Dolby Audio
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS, NFC
- 2150mAh battery, Quick Charge 3.0
The HTC One A9 comes in Carbon Gray, Opal Silver, Topaz Gold and Deep Garnet colors and will roll out globally starting from the first week of November globally. Pricing will be announced locally during the launch. HTC will sell the unlocked version of the smartphone in the US and will let you unlock the boot-loader without making the warranty void. HTC also offers 6 months of free Google Music subscription with the unlocked version and it will be covered by UH OH Protection that will let you replace the phone it is damaged in the first 365 days, no questions asked.
[Update: The HTC One A9 3GB RAM with 32GB storage unlocked version is now available for pre-order in the US at a limited time promotional pre-order price of $399.99 (Rs. 26,000 approx.).]