Sony has announced its new Digital TV (DTV) Tuner Module (SMT-EW100) for mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, automotive infotainment systems, navigation systems and PCs. It boasts the world’s smallest size and superior reception as well as extremely low power consumption, making it an optimal candidate for inclusion into mobile devices, says the company.
This is the first module from Sony specialized for mobile usage, and supports various types of digital terrestrial TV broadcast systems, including DVB-T and DVB-T2 for ASEAN, Middle East, Europe, Africa, DVB-T2 Lite, ISDB-T for South America and ISDB-Tmm for Japan. Sony India will offer tuner module, the antenna, software and technical support as well for the tuner enabling mobile device manufacturers easily incorporate a DTV feature into their products.
Key Features of the SMT-EW100 Series
- The world’s smallest size: 6.9 mm x 6.9 mm x 1.0 mm (incl. Filter, Crystal)
- Supports DVB-T, DVB-T2, DVB-T2 Lite, ISDB-T, ISDB-Tmm
- Low power consumption: under 200 mW
- Multi-Interface Data: TS, SPI, SDIO Control: I2C, SPI, SDIO
- Comes as part of a total solution package that includes the module, antenna, software, and technical support
- Supplied together with the Android driver package
Sony is showcasing the new DTV module at Convergence India Trade show at Pragati Maidan New Delhi from 21st to 23rd January, 2015. It would start shipping the module from May 2015 and will announce the pricing at the same time.