Sony has announced the Xperia Z3 Compact at the IFA. The Z3 Compact has a 4.6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) Triluminos Display with X-Reality engine, slightly larger than the Z1 Compact, powered by 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor and runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat). It has a 20.7-megapixel rear camera with Sony G lens, 4K video recording and a 2.2-megapixel 1080p front-facing camera, similar to the Xperia Z3.
It also has dual stereo front-facing speakers. It is just 8.6mm thick and is just 129 grams, much lighter than the Xperia Z1 Compact. It has rounded liquid reflection frame and tempered glass panels and has It has IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance. It has PS4 Remote Play, similar to the Z3 that lets you use the phone as a remote screen to connect to and control your games on PS4.
Sony Xperia Z3 compact Specifications
- 4.6-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) Triluminos Display with X-Reality for Mobiles
- 2.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, Upto 128GB expandable memory via microSD card
- Android 4.4.4 (KitKat)
- 20.7MP Primary Camera with Exmos RS sensor, HDR photos & videos, 4K video recording.
- 2.2 MP front-facing camera with 1080p video recording
- 8.6 mm thick and weighs 129 grams
- IP65/68 rating for dust and water resistance
- Dual stereo front-facing speakers
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 820.11 a/b/g/n/ac , Bluetooth 4.0 with APT-X, GPS/ GLONASS, MHL, NFC
- 2600mAh Battery with STAMINA mode
The Sony Xperia Z3 compact comes in white, black, orange and green and would launch globally from this Autumn. Sony has not announced the pricing yet.