Lenovo A7-50 in the A7 series went on sale in India earlier this week. Today, the company has officially launched the tablet. It was originally announced in April along with a range of A series tablets and packs a 7-inch (1280 x 800) HD IPS display, powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT8382 processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) that is upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat).
It has a 5-megapixel fixed-focus rear camera and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. it has 3G support, voice calling and comes with powerful stereo speakers with Dolby Digital Plus. It comes pre-loaded with a range of premium apps including SHAREit to share images and apps across devices without network charges or a Wi-Fi connection, SECUREit to speed up the device and protect against viruses, spam, malware and the SYNCit lets you backup & restore the user’s contacts, SMS messages and call logs.
Commenting on the launch, Rohit Midha, Director, Tablet Business Unit, Lenovo India said,
The market is inundated with options, but the A-750 stands out as it is the first complete 7” tablet that offers double the power and performance, vis-à-vis other devices in the same price bracket. Multitask with this future-ready device that empowers the user to make the most of the tablet experience.
Lenovo A7-50 specifications
- 7-inch (1280 x 800) HD multi-touch IPS display
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT8382 processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS, upgradable to Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- 5MP rear camera
- 2MP front-facing camera
- 9.9mm thick and weighs 320 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual front-facing speakers, Dolby Digital Plus
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3450 mAh battery
The Lenovo A7-50 tablet comes in Midnight Blue color and is priced at Rs. 15499.