Nimbuzz, one of my favourite Chat application has released a new Symbian Client which now includes Twitter as well. This update makes Nimbuzz one of the most comprehensive Social Networking application that we have ever seen on Symbian Platform. Along with VoIP calls, Instant Messaging and file sharing with almost all the popular social networks like Google Talk, Skype, MSN Messenger, AIM, Facebook Chat etc plus presence, profiles and location, the client now has Twitter as well.
I being a huge twitter addict, absolutely loved the twitter integration part of Nimbuzz which compares to any standalone twitter client for Symbian like Gravity or Tweets60 etc, which also means that I don’t have to run 2 different applications on my phone now (i.e. one for Chatting and one for tweeting), and hence save on my phone’s battery and also avoid switching between multiple applications. But the Best Part is that Nimbuzz is absolutely free.
You can now Tweet, Reply, Retweet, Direct Message,View Profiles, Follow/Unfollow User, View your timeline, Search on Twitter, View Trends etc on this client.
Here is a complete list of the all the new features and improvements in the Nimbuzz for Symbian Client:
- Fully Power Packed Twitter client – View Timelines, Tweet, DM, Searches, Trends, Profiles and much more!
- Kinetic scroll – Available on all devices running on Symbian 5th Edition OS (i.e. Nokia 5800, Nokia N97, N97 Mini, Nokia 5530, Nokia X6)
- Chat History – View all your conversations done in the past.
- Pop-Up notification – Get popup notifications for new chats and other events whenever Nimbuzz is running in the background.
- DTMF tones in calls – Now you can press 1 in a call, when the robot tells you so.
- NimbuzzOut rate calculator – See the rates for calling to different countries.
- Upgraded UI – A New Chat Screen layout & Contact List layout.
Here are some screenshots of Nimbuzz Chat Application with its new Twitter Integration. Check it out.
Download the new Nimbuzz 2.2 for Symbian now from Nimbuzz.com.