The Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo (GT-I9060), that leaked in earlier this month has gone official in Samsung Levant, Samsung Bulgaria and other regions. It comes with a 5-inch (800 x 480 pixels) display, powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor and runs on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS. It has a 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera. It also comes with dual SIM support and has software features such as Multi Window and Pop up Play.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Lite that was spotted at the FCC last month. It is now on sale through a retailer in the Netherlands priced at 260 Euros. It is a variant of the Grand Neo and also shares the same model number. Both these have 1GB of RAM and 2100 mAh battery. The only difference is the internal storage. The Grand Neo has 16GB of internal storage, but the Grand Lite has 8GB of internal storage.
Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo specifications
- 5-inch (800 x 480 Pixels) capacitive touch screen display
- 1.2 GHz quad-core processor
- Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) OS
- Dual SIM
- 5MP Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash
- 0.3MP (VGA) secondary camera
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable up to 64GB with microSD
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n , Bluetooth, GPS
- 2100 mAh battery
This smartphone lies between the first Galaxy Grand and the Galaxy Grand Quattro. It is not clear if or when any of these phones would come to India.