NVIDIA has started rolling out Android 4.3 over-the-air (OTA) update for the Tegra NOTE 7 tablet that adds new features and capabilities. The company has also said that the tablet from OEMs including XOLO would get the new update. Nvidia already announced that they would push out OTA update for the tablets directly, even though it is sold by different vendors globally. This update adds new features including improvements in stylus experience, help option for DirectStylus, high-dynamic range (AOHDR) capability in camera and more. AOHDR utilizes Tegra 4’s processing power and Chimera computational photography architecture that we saw at the Tegra 4 launch.
New features in the latest update for the NVIDIA Tegra Note
- Android 4.3 Operating System.
- Tegra NOTE stylus now has support for left-handed users
- Improvements in overall stylus response
- DirectStylus help option under the device setting’s menu
- Stylus removal and insert notification on the notification bar
- Ability to capture the notification bar with full-screen capture
- Tegra NOTE 7′s camera gets always-on high-dynamic range (AOHDR) capability for more lifelike images across a range of lighting conditions.
- Added video stabilization for shake-free video
- Tuning and optimizations to improve camera performance under certain lighting conditions.
- Ability to transfer app and data files from internal memory to an external microSD card.
- Security and bug fixes
Update for all the Tegra Note 7 tablets from different vendors such as EVGA, ADVENT, Gigabyte, Shenzhen Homecare Technology, ZOTAC and XOLO has already started rolling out. The roll out might vary across different countries.