Sony Mobile has announced that they have started rolling out a new update for both the Xperia Z1 (v14.1.G.2.257) and the Z Ultra. This update brings performance and stability tweaks / improvements for both these devices. This update improves camera in the Xperia Z1 with new algorithm and better Smart Social camera. For Z Ultra the touchscreen sensitivity has been improved. Common improvements include, better display and power management. Check out the official changelog below.
Improvements for Xperia Z1
- Camera algorithm improvements for even better all round performance
- Refined Sony’s Smart Social Camera platform for smooth Xperia Camera app in Burst Mode, Superior Auto, AR Effect and Sweep Panorama
Improvements for Xperia Z Ultra
- Optimized touchscreen sensitivity, for both finger gestures and writing / sketching with pencils, metal pens and selected styluses
Improvements for both Xperia Z1 and Z Ultra
- Re-calibrated display to ensure viewing experiences remain bright & bold
- Economised power consumption for longer battery life
- Streamlined Exchange connection for faster email sync, display and download
We did not receive the new firmware update over-the-air (OTA) or through Sony PC Companion in our Indian units yet. The update would be available Over the Air (OTA) (depending on the regions and carriers) and via PC Companion on Windows/ Bridge for Mac. It would be rolled out gradually, hence it might vary across different carriers and countries.