Sony unveiled the Xperia Tablet Z in Japan last month. Here at MWC 2013 the company did not announced any new devices, but announced that it would roll out globally in Q2 2013. The Xperia Tablet Z has a 10.1-inch HD (1920 x 1200 pixels) WUXGA Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2, Shatter proof sheet on scratch-resistant glass and has unique OmniBalance design similar to the Xperia Z smartphone. It has S-Force Front Surround 3D, Clear Audio+ mode and two in-built speakers for enhanced audio output. It would come in 4G LTE / 3G and WiFi-only variants.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z specifications
- 10.1-inch HD (1920 x 1200 pixels) WUXGA Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), upgradable to Android 4.2
- 6.9 mm thick and weighs 495g
- Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
- 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro processor, 2GB RAM
- 8 MP rear camera with Exmor R for mobile sensor
- 2MP 1080p Superior Auto plus front camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+ (Optional) , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, GPS / GLONASS (LTE / 3G version)
- 2GB RAM, 16GB / 32GB internal memory, up to 32GB expandable memory with microSD
- HDMI via MHL
- 6000 mAh Battery with STAMINA mode further improves the standby time
The ony Xperia Tablet Z is priced at 499 Euros for the Wi-Fi (16GB) version, Wi-Fi 32GB version would cost 549 Euros and the LTE version would cost 629 Euros. It would roll out globally in Q2 2013.