Asus has announced the most rumored fonepad finally at the MWC 2013 in Barcelona. It comes with a 7-inch (1280 x 800 pixels) IPS display, runs on Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) and is powered by a 1.2 GHz Intel Atom Z2420 processor. It has a 3 MP rear camera with 720p video recording and a 1.2 MP front-facing camera. It has metallic finish and comes with 3G support with voice calling features.
It has dual microphones for Noise cancellation and echo suppression. The SonicMaster audio technology with MaxxAudio 3 processing by Waves provides clear, well-rounded sound quality. It comes with exclusive Floating App for easy management of running apps and simpler multi-tasking, SuperNote lite for handwritten notes and drawing, and 5GB of free lifetime ASUS WebStorage.
Asus fonepad Specifications
- 7-inch (1280 x 800 pixels) capacitive touch screen IPS display
- 1.2 GHz Intel Atom Z2420 processor
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS
- 3MP auto focus rear camera with 720p HD video recording
- 1.2MP front-facing camera
- 1GB RAM, 8/16 GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- 3G HSPA with voice calling, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Blueooth 3.0, GPS
- 10.4mm thick and weighs 340 grams
- 4270 mAh battery that would offer up to 9.8 hours of video playback
It comes with optional accessories including VersaSleeve 7 with folding design and Turn Case, lightweight hardshell case with soft interior.
The Asus fonepad is priced at $249 for the 8GB version with rear camera in the US. Asus fonepad 16GB version without rear camera would be available in European markets for 219 Euros. It comes in titanium gray and champagne gold colors and would be available in March 2013.