Sony Xperia S is the first smartphone under the Sony brand in the Xperia NXT next generation series announced at CES. It comes with 4.3 inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine, 12MP camera with LED flash that can take shots in just 1.5 seconds directly from standby mode. It is powered by 1.5GHz dual-core processor and runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) that is upgradable to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) in Q2 2012.
Specifications of Sony Xperia S
- 4.3 inch (1280 x 720 pixels) Reality Display (342 ppi) with Mobile BRAVIA Engine
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 10.6 mm thick and weighs 144g
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 Dual Core processor
- 1 GB RAM, 1GB internal memory with 32GB flash storage
- 12MP auto focus camera with LED Flash, Sony Exmor R that can record 1080p HD videos , 1.3MP front-facing camera with 720p video recording.
- 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio with RDS
- NFC (Near Field Communications)
- DLNA, HDMI, BRAVIA Sync for controlling your Xperia S with your TV remote control
- 3G, Bluetooth with A2DP, WiFi and aGPS
- 1750 mAh battery
It is PlayStation Certified phone and has access to the PlayStation Store. It has access to entertainment content from Sony Entertainment Network, such as Music Unlimited and Video Unlimited (in the countries where the services are available).