Along with the OnePlus 11, the company also launched the OnePlus Buds Pro 2 series, the company’s second generation premium earbuds in India, as it had promised. There are two models, higher Buds Pro 2 and a cheaper Buds Pro 2R. Both these supports 48db TUV-Certified Adaptive Noise Cancellation, 54ms low latency, features 11mm + 6mm MelodyBoost Dual Drivers Co-created with Dynaudio.
The earbuds also supports Dolby Atmos and spatial audio in collaboration with Google. This uses six-axis IMU and self-developed spatial rendering algorithm for a premium, immersive listening experience that feels like a live cinematic experience, no matter the content, said the company. However, the 2R model lacks head tracking feature.
There is LHDC 5.0 (To be added via OTA update) with a transmission rate of up to 1Mbps for 4 times better details. It can also monitor cervical spine pressure and posture when using a compatible device (To be added via OTA update in 2023). It has IP55 ratings for dust and water resistance.
OnePlus recently announced a collaboration with Zimmer to tune the master EQ. This feature will be available this February via OTA update, said the company. The OnePlus Buds Pro 2 promises up to 39 hours of total playback with the case and up to 9 hours of standalone playback without ANC. The case also supports wireless charging.
OnePlus Buds Pro 2 and Pro 2R specifications
- Bluetooth 5.3 (LHDC 5.0/AAC/SBC/LC3) to connect to Android and iOS devices, Dolby Atmos, Spatial audio (OnePlus 11 and OnePlus 11R at launch) with head tracking (Pro 2 only), Google Fast Pair
- OnePlus Audio ID 2.0 personalized audio
- 11 mm dynamic driver + 6 mm planar diaphragm driver; Speaker sensitivity: 108db ± 1.5dB @1kHz; Frequency response range: 10Hz ~ 40kHz
- Pressure-sensitive controls
- Dual microphones for active noise cancellation, Triple-Microphone for call noise cancellation + Anti-Wind design
- 54ms ultra-low latency gaming
- Zen mode Air plays white noise to keep you focused
- Default equalizer (EQ) and three customized EQs – Bold, Serenade, and Bass co-tuned with Dynaudio
- Water resistant (IP55) for the Earphone, IPX4 for the case
- Dual Connections and Easy Switching Between Various Devices (OxygenOS 11.0 and later phones)
- Cervical spine health function (To be added in update)
- Weight: 4.9g for each headset; 47.3g for the case
- 60mAh battery offers 9 (AAC) / 6h (AAC + ANC) / 5.5h (LHDC + ANC) of standalone music playback, 520mAh battery on the case offers 39h (AAC) / (25h with ANC) battery life, Qi wireless charging case (Pro 2 only), fast charging offers up to 7 hours (earphone + case) / 3h (standalone) music playback on a 10-minute charge
Pricing and availability
The OnePlus Buds Pro 2 comes in Arbor Green and Obsidian Black colours, and is priced at Rs. 11,999 and will be available from Amazon.in, Flipkart, Myntra.in, OnePlus online store and OnePlus Experience stores offline starting from February 14th with pre-orders starting today, February 7th.
There is also a OnePlus Buds Pro 2R in Obsidian Black and Misty White without the wireless charging in the case, and spacial audio head tracking feature priced at Rs. 9999. It will be available only in March.
- Instant discount of INR 500 on the OnePlus Buds Pro 2, on purchase through ICICI Bank Credit Cards and EMI transactions