After confirming the of Redmi Note 12 Pro+ and Redmi Note 12 Pro smartphones on January 5th, Xiaomi’s Redmi brand has also confirmed the launch of the budget Redmi Note 12 5G smartphone in India on the same day.
The teaser highlights the 5G support, AMOLED screen, Snapdragon 5G SoC, 33W fast charging and a 48MP camera. The company claims that this is the slimmest Note series phone ever. The teaser shows triple rear cameras for the phone compared to dual rear cameras in the Chinese version that you see below, so the position of the flash has also changed.
Redmi Note 12 5G specifications
- 6.67-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) GOLED display with 60 / 90 / 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1200 nits peak brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 6nm Mobile Platform (2 GHz x 2 A78-based +1.8GHz x 6 A55-based Kryo CPUs) with Adreno GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP rear camera, LED flash, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 165.88×76.21×7.98mm; Weight: 188g
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP53)
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The Redmi Note 12 5G will be sold on Amazon.in, in addition to mi.com and offline stores.