After rumours, Xiaomi has scheduled a launch event on October 4th which has a tag line “Make Moments Mega”. Even though the invite doesn’t confirm the name of the phone, it should be Xiaomi 12T and 12T Pro.
The Xiaomi 12T series is said to feature almost similar features as the Redmi K50 Ultra, and the 12T Pro should be the company’s first phone to feature a 200MP rear camera. Similar to the K50 Ultra, it should be powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC and pack a 6.67-inch 1.5K AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate. The Xiaomi 12T is said to be powered by Dimensity 8100 SoC.
Xiaomi 12T and 12T Pro rumored specifications
- 6.67-inch (2712 x 1220 pixels) 1.5K AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, 1920Hz high frequency PWM dimming, HDR10+, Dolby Vision
- 12T Pro – Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen+ 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 12T – MediaTek Dimensity 8100 5nm SoC with Mali-G610 6-core GPU
- 12T Pro – 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12T – 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 12T Pro – 200MP rear camera with f/1.69 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 12T – 108MP rear camera with with f/1.65 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX596 sensor
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 120W fast charging
Launch live stream
The Xiaomi launch event on October 4th in Munich, Germany starts at 2PM CEST (5:30 PM IST). As usual, the company will offer live stream on its social channels.
Based on rumours, the Xiaomi 12T Pro is expected to cost €849 (Rs. 66,370 approx.) and the Xiaomi 12T said to be priced at €649 (Rs. 50,735 approx.) in Europe. We should know the official details next week.