Samsung just announced the Galaxy Z Flip4, the company’s next-generation flip phone, at its unpacked event, as it had promised. This retains the 6.7-inch FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex main display with a 22:9 aspect ratio, 1 to 120Hz adaptive refresh rate.
There is a 1.9-inch external/cover Super AMOLED display that can show more content such as notifications and messages without having to open the phone. You can now shoot hands-free video or capture full group selfies at various angles by partially folding Z Flip4 to activate FlexCam.
Samsung has partnered with Meta, so FlexCam is optimized for Instagram, WhatsApp and Facebook, so you can capture selfies right from the Cover Screen by leveraging the main camera with the upgraded Quick Shot.
The Snapdragon 888 in the Z Flip3 is replaced by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1. It has a 12MP main + 12MP ultra-wide cameras and a 10MP front camera, same as the predecessor, but the company said that the main camera has a 65% brighter sensor.
It has Armor Aluminum frame and hinge cover, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus+ on the Cover Screen and rear glass, and comes with IPX8 water resistance, same as the predecessor. The phone has a slimmer hinge, straightened edges, contrasting hazed back glass and glossy metal frame
The phone packs a 3700mAh battery, compared to the predecessor’s 3300mAh. It has 25W wired charging compared to 15W charging, and also supports 15W wireless charging as well.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 Specifications
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2640 x 1080 pixels) 21.9:9 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex display with 1~120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 425ppi, external/ cover 1.9-inch (512 x 260 pixels) Super AMOLED display, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- SoC: Up to 3.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Software: Android 12 with One UI 4.1
- Rear camera: Dual Cam, 12 MP Wide (f/1.8, 1.8 μm, OIS) + 12 MP Ultra-Wide (f/2.2, 123° 1.12 μm); Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP with f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G, 4G, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS
- Water resistant (IPX8)
- Audio: USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: Folded: 84.9 x 71.9 x 17.1 mm, Unfolded: 165.2 x 71.9 x 6.9 mm; Weight: 187 grams
- Battery: 3700mAh battery with 25w fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 comes in Blue, Pink Gold, Graphite and Bora Purple colours. There is also Bespoke Edition with Front/Back (Yellow, White, Navy, Khaki, Red), Frame (Silver/Black/Gold) depending on the market.
Pricing and availability
It is priced at $999.99 (Rs. 79,185 approx.) for the 128GB version, $1099.98 (Rs. 87,105 approx.) for the 256GB version and the 512GB version costs $1179.99 (Rs. 93,440 approx.). It is available to order from today and will go on sale August 26 in select countries. We should know the price of the phone in India soon.