HONOR has announced the HONOR Pad 8, the company’s latest mid-range tablet in China, as the successor to last year’s HONOR Pad 7. The tablet has a 12-inch 2K LCD screen with 87% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by Snapdragon 680 SoC with up to 8GB of RAM. The phone runs Android 12 with Magic UI 6.1. It has 5-megapixel front and rear cameras.
The tablet has a sleek 6.9mm metal body, 8 speakers, HONOR’s self-developed audio tuning algorithm, DTS audio tuning technology, and has Hi-Res Gold Label certification. It comes with a 7250mAh battery with support for 22.5W fast charging.
HONOR Pad 8 specifications
- 12-inch (2000×1200 Pixels) 2K display with 350 nits brightness, TUV Rheinland hardware-level low blue light certification,
- Octa Core Snapdragon 680 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB RAM, 128GB storage
- Android 12 with Magic UI 6.1.
- 5MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- 8 Speakers, HONOR Histen sound, DTS:X Ultra
- Dimensions: 278.54×174.06x 6.9mm; Weight: 520g
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS, USB Type-C
- 7250mAh battery with 22.5W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The HONOR Pad 8 comes in Mint Green, Dawn Blue, and Dawn Gold colours, is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 221 / Rs. 17,695 approx.) for 4GB+128GB, 1799 yuan (US$ 265 / Rs. 21,240 approx.) for 6GB+128GB, and 1999 yuan (US$ 295 / Rs. 23,600 approx.) for 8GB+128GB. The company also sell a keyboard dock with a cover for it at 279 yuan (US$ 41 / Rs. 3,295 approx.). It is available to order and will go on sale in China from July 29th.