Black Shark has confirmed that the company will introduce the Black Shark 5 series that will include the Black Shark 5 and 5 Pro in China on March 30th. The company introduced the Black Shark 4 series in a year back, and the Black Shark 4 Pro was introduced in October. The invite has “Breaking Gravity” tag along with an astronaut and a rocket.
The Black Shark 5 series are expected to retain the 6.67-inch FHD+ AMOLED 144Hz display and 120W fast charging, but these might feature a slightly bigger 4650mAh battery. The Black Shark 5 is said to be powered by Snapdragon 870 SoC with up to 12GB of RAM, same as the predecessor, but the Black Shark 5 Pro is expected to be powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC.
Black Shark 5 and Shark 5 Pro rumoured specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 144Hz display, HDR 10+
- Black Shark 5 – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- Black Shark 5 Pro – Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- Black Shark 5 – 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Black Shark 5 Pro – 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB storage
- Android 12 with JoyUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP (5) / 108MP (5 Pro) rear camera, LED flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor, 5MP super macro camera
- 13MP front-facing camera
- In display fingerprint sensor
- Black Shark 5 Dimensions: 163.83×76.25x 10.37mm; Weight: 223g
- Black Shark 5 Pro Dimensions: 163.86×76.53x 9.8mm; Weight: 226g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2×2 MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4650mAh battery with 120W fast charging, QC, PD fast charging
We should know more details including the price of the Black Shark 5 series phones in the coming days before the phone go official next week.