Black Shark just announced the Black Shark 4S and Black Shark 4S Pro smartphones in China, as it had promised. The Black Shark 4S series feature a 6.67-inch FHD+ display E4 AMOLED screen with 144Hz refresh rate and multi-finger touch sampling rate of 720Hz, and 8.3ms multi-finger touch response time delay. These have new generation fully symmetrical dual zone screen pressure-sensing 5.0 which has 7 levels of adjustment.
The have new magnetic power lifting shoulder button, which the company says has been tested up to 1 million times. The trigger force is as low as 160g. These have “sandwich” liquid cooling system, which uses a large liquid cooling plate + liquid cooling tube and a copper alloy substrate to form a large area heat dissipation plate, 360-degree three-dimensional heat dissipation, and it can also be used in high-energy consumption scenarios.
In addition, the phone has built-in 11 temperature sensors, monitors the overall temperature of the whole device, and monitors the hand-held area, real-time adjustment of intelligent heat dissipation, and efficient cooling of the phone. These pack a 4500mAh dual-cell battery with 120W charging that can charge up to 50% in 5 minutes, and 100% full in 15 minutes.
The Black Shark 4S also comes in a Gundam limited edition that has a body engraved with Gundam classic red and blue, and the Gundam theme with customized-boot animation, wallpaper, theme UI.
Black Shark 4S and Shark 4S Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 144Hz display, HDR 10+, 111% DCI – P3 color gamut, 1300 nits brightness, MEMC intelligent motion compensation technology
- Black Shark 4S – Octa Core (1 x 3.2GHz + 3 x 2.42GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Hexa) Snapdragon 870 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 650 GPU
- Black Shark 4S Pro – Octa Core Snapdragon 888 Plus 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- Black Shark 4S – 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Black Shark 4S Pro – 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS3.1 + SSD Disk Array 2.0) storage, 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS3.1 + SSD Disk Array 2.0) storage
- Android 11 with JoyUI 12.8
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 48MP (4S) / 64MP (4S Pro) rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP super macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual 1226 super linear 7-magnet speakers (4S Pro)
- Dimensions: 163.69×76.21x 9.9mm; Weight: 210g (4S) / 220 (4S Pro)
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2×2 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 120W fast charging, supports QC, PD fast charging
The Black Shark 4S comes in Black and Foggy white colours and is priced at 2699 yuan (US$ 418 / Rs. 31,580 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 2999 yuan (US$ 465 / Rs. 35,090 approx.) for 12GB + 128GB and the 12GB + 256GB version costs 3299 yuan (US$ 512 / Rs. 38,600 approx.). The Gudam limited edition 12GB + 256GB version is priced at 3499 yuan (US$ 543 / Rs. 40,940 approx.).
The Black Shark 4S Pro comes in Galaxy Black and Sky White colours and is priced at 4799 yuan (US$ 744 / Rs. 56,151 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB and 5499 yuan (US$ 853 / Rs. 64,330 approx.) for 16GB + 512GB version. It is available to order and goes on sale in China from October 15th.