Redmi Router AX5400, was also unveiled along with the Redmi K50 Series in China today. This brings all-round network speed improvements, including Wi-Fi 6, 4×4 160MHz ultra-band, 4K QAM high-speed transfers, dual-core CPU, dedicated NPU processor, six high-performing antennas, 512MB storage, and simultaneous connection of up to 248 devices
The router is equipped with a new generation of Qualcomm IPQ5018 routing chips along with 6 high speed antennas with signal enhancements. It also supports Multi-model mesh networking.
To recall, the brand previously released a gaming router with the exact model number AX5400 last month, which has nearly the same specifications as the new one but only has four antennas (the new one has six antennas) and a different design.
Redmi Router AX5400 features and specifications
- up to 5400 Mbps 802.11 ax Wi-Fi speed
- 1GHz dual-core Qualcomm IPQ5018 SoC+ 1GHz NPU, 512MB
- 6 external antennas
- OFDMA+MU-MIMO technology allows multiple antennas of the router to serve multiple devices at the same time, offering the best experience
- Support for mesh networking to connect multiple routers
- Up to 248 connected devices
- Real time monitoring, parental controls with Mi Wi-Fi app on Android and iOS
- WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK/WPA3-SAE encryption
- 3 10/100/1000M auto-adaptive LAN ports (Auto MDI/MDIX) , 1x 10/100 / 1000M adaptive WAN port (Auto MDI / MDIX)
The Redmi Router AX5400 is priced at RMB 399 (US$ 63 / Rs. 4,770 approx.) and will be available in China starting from March 22nd.