Along with the Redmi K50, Redmi also introduced the Redmi K50 Pro in the K50 series in China, as it had promised. It has a similar 6.67″ 2K OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate as the K50 with support for Dolby Vision, and has passed DisplayMate A+ certification, achieving 16 record scores, says the company.
It is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 9000 SoC with up to 12GB of RAM, has all-new stainless steel VC with a total area of 3950mm², the T-shaped design covers 72% of the motherboard. The phone has 7 layers of graphite, copper sheeting, and thermal paste.
It has a 108MP Samsung HM2 sensor with optical image stabilization, along with 8MP ultra-wide and a 2MP macro camera, packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 120W fast charging and uses self-developed 4:1 Surge P1 that lets you charge the phone fully in 19 minutes.
Redmi K50 Pro Specifications
- 6.67″ 2K (3200 x 1440 pixels) OLED screen, with up to 120Hz refresh rate, up to 480Hz touch sampling rate; contrast ratio: 5,000,000:1; Supports Dolby Vision, HDR 10/10+; 16,000 levels of automatic brightness adjustment, up to 1200 nits peak brightness, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Up to 3.05GHz Octa Core Dimensity 9000 4nm processor with Mali-G710 10-core GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB, 8GB / 12GB with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Rear cameras: 108MP Samsung HM2 (1/1.52″ sensor) main sensor, OIS, 8MP ultra-wide lens with 119° FOV, 2MP macro lens and Flicker Sensor; Video recording up to 4K at 30fps
- Front Camera: 20MP Sony IMX596 sensor; Video recording up to 1080p at 30fps
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 76.15 x 8.48 mm; Weight: 201g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo Dual Speaker, Dolby Atmos
- IR sensor, X-axis linear motors for immersive haptics
- Dual 5G support (n1/ n3/ n5/ n8/ n28a/ n38/ n41/ n77/ n78 bands), Wi-Fi 6 (2.4/5GHz), supports 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, Beidou | GPS (L1+L5) |GLONASS | QZSS (L1+L5) | NavIC:L5, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 120W fast charging support
Pricing and Availability
The Redmi K50 Pro comes in four colours including Black, Silver, Iridescent, and Green and in four variants, 8GB+128GB at 2,999 yuan (US$ 472 / Rs. 35,880 approx.), 8GB+256GB at 3,299 yuan (US$ 519 / Rs. 39,470 approx.), 12GB+256GB at 3,599 yuan (US$ 567 / Rs. 43,060 approx.) and the top-end 12GB+512GB costs 3,999 yuan (US$ 630 / Rs. 47,850 approx.). It is available to order and will be available in China from March 22nd.