Along with the Galaxy A53 and A33 5G phones in the A series, Samsung also introduced the Galaxy A73 as the successor to last year’s Galaxy A72. It has a 6.7″ Infinity-O 120Hz FHD+ Super AMOLED screen, is powered by Snapdragon 778G SoC. It runs Android 12 out of the box and will get four Android OS updates and 5 years of security updates.
The phone has quad rear camera setup with 108MP main camera with OIS, 12MP ultra-wide, 5MP depth and 5MP macro. The phone features an Ambient Edge design seamlessly blends the camera with the body of the phone, has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and have IP67 water and dust resistance. It packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging, but it doesn’t come with a charger in the box.
Samsung Galaxy A73 5G specifications
- 6.7-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity-O Display with 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 6GB RAM with 128GB / 8GB RAM with 256GB internal storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 12 with Samsung One UI 4.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 108MP rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 12MP ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, 5MP depth sensor and 5MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Pay
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers with sound by AKG, Dolby Atmos
- Water resistant (IP67)
- Dimensions: 163.7×76.1×7.6mm; Weight: 181g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 25W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy A73 5G comes in Gray, White and Mint colours and will roll out in several countries globally starting from April 22nd, but the pricing has not been announced yet.