POCO has launched POCO M4 Pro 5G, the company’s latest 5G smartphone in India, as it had announced. The phone was introduced in the global markets back in November, and has almost similar specifications as the Redmi Note 11T 5G that was launched last year. This includes a 6.6-inch FHD+ screen with 50Hz, 60Hz and 90Hz dynamic switch, 16MP front camera inside the punch-hole, Dimensity 810 SoC with support for 13 5G SA/NSA bands, up to 8GB of RAM along with Turbo RAM capability extending the device RAM up to 11GB.
It has a 50MP rear camera along with an 8MP ultra-wide camera. The phone has an X-axis linear motor, plastic back, side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging an MMT charging tech that can charge up to 100% in 59 minutes.
POCO M4 Pro 5G specifications
- 6.6-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 LCD screen with 90Hz DynamicSwitch refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 810 6nm processor (Dual 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 (Upgradable to MIUI 13 soon)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo Speakers, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 163.56×75.78×8.75mm; Weight: 195g
- Dust and water resistant (IP53)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) / 4900mAh (minimum) battery with 33W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The POCO M4 Pro 5G comes in Power Black, Cool Blue and POCO Yellow colours, is priced at Rs. 14,999 for the 4GB + 64GB, Rs. 16,999 for the 6GB + 128GB and the 8GB + 128GB model costs Rs. 18,999. This is cheaper than the Redmi Note 11T 5G. The phone will be available from Flipkart starting from February 22nd.
Commenting on the launch, Anuj Sharma, Country Director, POCO India said:
The POCO M-Series lineup has always added a spark in the smartphone market, be it with the design or performance. This time also, the POCO M4 Pro 5G steps up the game.
He further added, “A future-ready device, POCO M4 Pro 5G is backed by an efficient performance combination of MediaTek Dimensity 810 chipset, aggressive gaming capabilities, and improved camera performance. Catering to today’s smartphone users, POCO M4 Pro 5G manages to pack a media consumption focused DCI-P3 90Hz Smart Display along with Dual Stereo speakers. We are happy to take this leap with the POCO M4 Pro 5G as it is a perfect combination of exciting future-ready features and affordable pricing.