ASUS just launched the ROG Phone 5s and 5s Pro, successors to the ROG Phone 5 series in India, as it had promised. These were introduced in August last year and retain the 6.78-inch Full HD+ Samsung’s E4 AMOLED HDR display with 144Hz refresh rate, but these are powered by Snapdragon 888 Plus SoC.
The ROG 5s model is the same as the ROG Phone 5 with a ROG (RGB light) logo and the 5s Pro comes with ROG Vision Color PMOLED display, and even the logo on the back has an RGB light, which can be changed to your favourite colour.
The phones feature upgraded GameCool 5 cooling system that have an optimum thermal structure featuring a centred CPU with the battery split into two parts, one located on each side of the CPU. This ensures that the heat generated by the CPU is transferred to all the edges and corners of the chassis simultaneously, for higher thermal efficiency. The re-shaped 3D vapor chamber and extensive graphite sheets also help to spread the heat evenly across the device to reduce heat build-up in the middle.
ASUS ROG Phone 5s / 5s Pro specifications
- 6.78-inch (2448 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 144Hz OLED 10-bit HDR 20.4:9 aspect ratio display, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 24ms ultra low latency, 111% DCI-P3, sRGB : 150.89%, Delta E average <1%; Contrast ratio: 1,000,000:1, 10-bit HDR, 5 nits to 800nits @ APL100 + HBM or 1200nits @ APL1, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 888+ 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 11 with ROG UI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, 13MP 125˚ ultra-wide camera with f/2.4 aperture, 5MP macro sensor with f/2.0 aperture, 8k video at 30 fps, 4k at 60fps, slow-motion 4K at 120 fps, 1080p at 240fps
- 24MP front-facing camera with 0.9µm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, ESS Sabre ES9280AC Pro with HyperStream II QUAD DAC architecture, Dual 7-magnet Linear 12x16mm front-facing speakers with GameFX & Dirac HD Sound, Powered by dual Cirrus Logic CS35L45 Mono AMP, Quad microphones with OZO Noise Reduction Technology
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Ultrasonic sensors for AirTrigger 5 and grip press detection
- Dimensions: 172.8×77.2×10.29mm; Weight: 238g
- 5G SA/NSA (N1, N3, N7, N8, N20, N28, N38, N41, N77, N78, N79), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, Galileo(E1+E5a), QZSS(L1+L5), NavIC(L5), USB Type-C, NFC
- 6000mAh (typical) / 5800mAh (minimum) battery with 65W HyperCharge fast charging, supports up to 30W QC4.0 / PD3.0 / Direct Charge adapter
Pricing and availability
The ROG Phone 5s comes in Storm White and Phantom Black colours, but the ROG Phone 5s Pro comes only in Phantom Black colour. Pricing for the ROG Phone 5s is same as last year’s ROG Phone 5.
- ROG Phone 5s 8GB + 128GB – Rs. 49,999
- ROG Phone 5s 12GB + 256GB – Rs. 57,999
- ROG Phone 5s Pro 18GB + 512GB – Rs. 79,999
- AeroActive Cooler 5 – Rs. 2999
- Screen Protector – Rs. 799
- Armor Lightning Case – Rs. 2999
- ROG Kunai 3 Gamepad – Rs. 9999
- ROG Cetra II Core Headset – Rs. 3999
Both the phones will be available from Flipkart starting from February 18th at 12 noon.
Commenting at the launch, Dinesh Sharma, Business Head, Commercial PC and Smartphone, System Business Group, ASUS in India said:
We are constantly innovating and aiming to provide only the best and premium features in our Ultimate Weapons for Smartphone Gaming i.e. ROG Phone, to our ROG community. We are thrilled to launch two new additions to the ROG family – ROG Phone 5s and ROG Phone 5 Pro to upgrade the cutting edge capabilities we offer for the mobile gaming ecosystem.