Netflix released five mobile games exclusively for Netflix subscribers in November last year, and it keeps adding new games. Today it has added Arcanium: Rise of Akhan, an open-world strategy adventure card game developed by Rogue Games. This marks Rogue’s third release on the platform after Card Blast and Wonderputt Forever.
The single-player game blends the best of popular rogue-like and deck-building genres into one package. Players will trek across a fully 3D procedural map where they make strategic choices that alter the experience in various ways. Hostile environments, evolving tiles, and dangerous creatures await them in this anthropomorphic turn-based battle epic.
- Open-world & Hero progression – Explore a vast continent broken down into several Provinces each with a unique feel and a different set of challenges. Playing Heroes will level them up between Runs and progressively unlock their full sets of ability cards.
- Non-linear & procedural acts – Players are in total control of their own Journey. Roam freely inside full-3D procedural maps, but keep an eye on the Threat meter… The longer players stay in a Province, the harder the enemies get.
- Unique turn-based combat system – Players must choose their abilities wisely during every turn, coordinating all three heroes in their team. The innovative combat system is easy to learn while offering tremendous strategic depth.
- Many heroes to unlock – Unique heroes with varying mechanics and themes will keep players brainstorming for new compositions and combinations. Each has a unique starting deck of Ability cards that fits one of 6 classes.
- RPG-like looting system – Find powerful Artifacts, gain new Ability cards, learn cross-character Abilities, and discover consumable items throughout the journey. Players can edit their Heroes’ Ability decks and Equipment rosters at any time outside of combat.