realme just launched realme 9i, the successor of the realme 8i in India, as it had promised. This comes with a 6.6-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate, 6 different refresh rates (30Hz, 48Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz and 90Hz) and 90.8% screen-to-body ratio and a 16-megapixel camera on the front. It is powered by Snapdragon 680 6nmSoC with up to 6GB of RAM, and has 5GB Virtual RAM on 6GB+128GB
version that will give you up to 11GB RAM.
It will retain the 50-megapixel primary rear camera, 2-megapixel B&W portrait sensor and a 2-megapixel sensor for 4cm macro shots. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots, and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging compared to 18W in the predecessor.
realme 9i specifications
- 6.6-inch (2412 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen, 90Hz adaptive refresh rate with up to 480 nits brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 680 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0, upgradable to Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- 50MP rear camera with Samsung JN1 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP B&W portrait camera and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.1 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 164.4×75.7×8.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The realme 9i will come in Blue Quartz and Black Quartz colours, is priced at Rs. 13999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 15999, same as the predecessor. It will be available from Flipkart, realme.com and offline stores from January 22nd as a part of early sale and the first sale will begin from January 25th.
- Up to 10% discount on ICICI Bank Credit Cards and Credit Card EMI
Commenting on launch, Madhav Sheth, CEO realme India, VP, realme, and President, realme International Business Group said:
Every Number series has brought new and exciting innovations and specifications to the users. Staying true to our legacy of ‘Dare to leap,’ we are elated to introduce the first entrant in the 9 series, the realme 9i, our Ultimate Performer, sporting the first Snapdragon 680, 6nm processor. It reflects realme’s commitment to bring segment-leading, cutting-edge technology to the youth and empower them with more choices to fulfill their aspirations. We are confident that this new smartphone will attain the same level of popularity as its predecessors, cementing its appeal among millions of young users worldwide.