Today, realme launched the realme 9i smartphone in India as the successor to last year’s realme 8i. This features a 6.6-inch FHD+ 90Hz LCD variable refresh rate screen, is powered by the latest Snapdragon 680 6nm SoC compared to Helio G96 in the predecessor and also comes with 33W dart charge fast charging. We got hold of the phone, and here is our unboxing. Continue reading “realme 9i Unboxing and First Impressions”
realme just launched realme 9i, the successor of the realme 8i in India, as it had promised. This comes with a 6.6-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate, 6 different refresh rates (30Hz, 48Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz and 90Hz) and 90.8% screen-to-body ratio and a 16-megapixel camera on the front. It is powered by Snapdragon 680 6nmSoC with up to 6GB of RAM, and has 5GB Virtual RAM on 6GB+128GB
version that will give you up to 11GB RAM. Continue reading “realme 9i with 6.6-inch FHD+ 90Hz display, Snapdragon 680, up to 6GB RAM, 5000mAh battery launched in India starting from Rs. 13999”
After teasers, realme has confirmed that it will launch the realme 9i, the successor to last year’s realme 8i in India on January 18th. Even though we had already seen a couple of vivo phones powered by Snapdragon 680 SoC in India, realme says that the realme 9i will be the first in the segment with the chipset.
The smartphone was introduced in Vietnam and Thailand earlier this week, comes with a 6.6-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz variable refresh rate, 90.8% screen-to-body ratio and a 16-megapixel camera on the front. It is powered by the latest Snapdragon 680 6nm SoC with up to 6GB of RAM, and up to 5GB Virtual RAM.
It will retain the 50-megapixel primary rear camera, 2-megapixel B&W portrait sensor and a 2-megapixel sensor for 4cm macro shots. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots, and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging compared to 18W in the predecessor.
realme 9i specifications
- 6.6-inch (2412 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen, 90Hz adaptive refresh rate with up to 480 nits brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 680 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 610 GPU
- 4GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with realme UI 2.0, upgradable to Android 12 with realme UI 3.0
- 50MP rear camera with Samsung JN1 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP B&W portrait camera and 2MP 4cm macro sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.1 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 164.4×75.7×8.4mm; Weight: 190g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The realme 9i will come in Blue Quartz & Black Quartz colours. We should know the price when the phone is launched in the country next week.