Samsung just launched the Galaxy S21 FE (Fan Edition), the company’s latest mid-range S series in India, after it was introduced last week. It packs a 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-O Flat Display with 120Hz refresh rate, is powered by Exynos 2100 SoC in India, supports 5G SA/NSA, has up to 8GB RAM, features an in-display Optical Fingerprint Scanner, and runs Android 12 out of the box.
The phone comes with primary 12-megapixel primary sensor with OIS, 12-megapixel Ultra Wide Lens with a 123-degree field of view and 8-megapixel Telephoto lens with OIS for 3X optical Zoom and up to 30X digital zoom, same as the predecessor. There is a 32-megapixel front-facing camera, and the phone has IP68 ratings for water resistance.
It packs a 4,500mAh battery with support for wired 25W wired fast charging, and has 15W wireless charging and wireless PowerShare feature to charge Qi compatible devices on the back of the phone, but it doesn’t come with a charger in the box.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE specifications
- 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED Display, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 2100 processor
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB storage
- Android 12 with One UI 4
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 12MP rear camera with Dual Pixel AF, OIS, f/1.8 aperture, LED Flash, 12MP 123˚ Ultra Wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 8MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, PDAF, OIS, 3X Optical Zoom, 30X Space zoom
- 32MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 155.7 x 74.5 x 7.9mm; Weight: 177g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers, Surround sound with Dolby Atmos
- In-display optical fingerprint scanner
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, Samsung Pay with NFC
- 4500mAh battery with support for 25W wired fast charging, 15W wireless charging, Wireless power share
Pricing and availability
The Samsung Galaxy S21 FE comes in White, Lavender, Graphite and Olive colours and is priced at Rs. 54999 for the 8GB + 128GB version and the 8GB + 256GB version costs Rs. 58999. The phone will be available from Amazon.in, Samsung.com, leading online portals and select retail stores from tomorrow, January 11th 2022.
As a part of launch offers, users get Rs. 5000 cashback on HDFC Bank card till January 17, 2022, so the effective starting price is Rs. 49999.
Commenting on the launch, Aditya Babbar, Senior Director and Head, Product Marketing, Samsung India, said:
The Fan Edition was launched to deliver the best of Samsung flagship experience to young Galaxy Fans. After witnessing phenomenal love for Galaxy S20 FE, we carry forward the legacy with Galaxy S21 FE 5G which is tailor-made to deliver an epic experience. With the best-in-class triple camera, 6.4-inch FHD+ Dynamic AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, and powerful processor, Galaxy S21 FE 5G will make every day epic for young consumers. Galaxy S21 FE’s stunning colours and design will surely win consumers’ hearts.