motorola just introduced the moto edge X30, the company’s latest flagship smartphone, at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.7″ OLED, 10-bit colour screen with DCI-P3 colour space and HDR10+, 144Hz refresh rate, 574Hz touch sampling rate and is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA. It has a 50MP main camera, 50MP ultrawide-angle lens with macro option and a 2MP depth sensor.
There is a 60MP camera on the front. The phone comes with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner embedded into the power button, has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 68W TurboPower fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 13 minutes.
The new wireless connection capabilities let you move your phone’s games to the big screen, feel like you’re right in the room during video calls, and use your apps on a desktop display. The new Ready For PC functionality lets you instantly connect your PC to 5G networks, share files, and use your phone as a webcam all on the same screen.
moto edge X30 specifications
- 6.7-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 144Hz display, HDR10+, 10-bit colour, DCI-P3 colour space, up to 700 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with MYUI 3.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with f/1.88 aperture, OV50A40 sensor, OIS, 50MP 114° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, S5KJN1SQ03 sensor, 2.5cm macro option, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture, OV02B1B sensor
- 60MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, OV60A40 sensor, 4K video recording
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 163.56×75.95×8.49mm; Weight: 194g
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging
Pricing and availability
The moto edge X30 is priced at 3199 yuan (US$ 501 / Rs. 37,935 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 3399 yuan (US$ 533 / Rs. 40,305 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and 3599 yuan (US$ 564 / Rs. 42,675 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB version. It is available to order from today in China and will get 200 yuan discount when it goes on sale for the first time on December 15th, so the starting price is 2999 yuan (US$ 470 / Rs. 35,570 approx.).
moto edge X30 Special Edition
In addition, moto edge X30 special edition with 60MP under-screen camera will cost 3,999 yuan (US$ 627 / Rs. 47,410 approx.).