Along with the edge X30 flagship, motorola also introduced the moto edge S30, a cheaper model in China, as it had announced. It has a 6.8-inch LCD screen with HDR10+, 144Hz refresh rate, 574Hz touch sampling rate, 16MP front camera and is powered by Snapdragon 888+ SoC with support for 5G SA/NSA. It has a 108MP main camera, 13MP ultrawide-angle lens with macro option and a 2MP depth sensor.
The phone comes with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner embedded into the power button, has a plastic back and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 33W TurboPower fast charging.
moto edge S30 specifications
- 6.8-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ LCD 144Hz display, HDR10+
- Octa Core Snapdragon 888 Plus 5nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 660 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 11
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 108MP main camera with f/1.9 aperture, Ultra pixel technology, 13MP 120° ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2.5cm macro option, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Quad pixel technology
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C Audio, Audio-Technica tuning
- Dimensions: 168.07×75.53×8.89mm; Weight: 202g
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery, 33W TurboPower fast charging
Pricing and availability
The moto edge s30 comes in Phantom Black and Glacier Blue colours, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 313 / Rs. 23,715 approx.) for 6GB + 128GB, 2199 yuan (US$ 344 / Rs. 26,085 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 2399 yuan (US$ 376 / Rs. 28,445 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB and 2599 yuan (US$ 407 / Rs. 30,835 approx.) for the 12GB + 256GB version.
It is available to order from December 12th in China and will get a 200 yuan discount when it goes on sale for the first time on December 21st, so the starting price is 1799 yuan (US$ 282 / Rs. 21,340 approx.).