At the ongoing Tech Summit, Qualcomm announced the Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Mobile Platform, Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3, 7c+ Gen 3 Compute Platform. Along with that, the company has now announced the Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 Gaming Platform to power dedicated gaming devices.
The Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 gaming platform features Kryo CPU and Adreno GPU that supports gaming at 144 frames per second and 10-bit HDR. This gaming platform will let users play native Android titles, stream games from cloud platforms like Microsoft Game Pass Ultimate, and also access Steam gaming library.
Further, the G3x Gen 1 supports connection to external monitor, televisions up to 4K resolution at 144fps. As for the connectivity, this platform supports Wi-Fi 6, 6E, and also 5G sub-6 GHz, and mmWave for faster speeds. Apart from this, users can tether to an XR viewer via USB-C to a Snapdragon G3x powered device, which will allow a device to act as a companion controller to a 4K display television.
Qualcomm has partnered with Razer to showcase this gaming platform. It has built the first Snapdragon G3x Handheld Gaming Developer Kit. Check out the highlights below
- 6.65-inch FULL HD+ OLED 10-bit HDR display that can operate up to 120Hz.
- 5MP FULL HD 1080p 60fps webcam
- Can stream games through Wi-Fi 6E/5G mmWave/sub-6 GHz.
- Easy to grip controls with built-in controller mapping that provides precise touch to controller mapping technology from AKSys thatenables the use of built-in controllers across a wide array of games.
- Advanced haptics, Dual motors in the handle
- 4-way speakers, offer lag-free wireless audio when paired this with a Snapdragon Sound enabled wireless earbuds.
Qualcomm Snapdragon G3x Gen 1 Gaming Platform specifications
- Up to 3GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Kryo CPU
- Qualcomm Adreno GPU
- 4K TV Out up to 144 fps
- Variable Rate Shading support
- Qualcomm Game Quick Touch
- Qualcomm Game Smoother
- Qualcomm Game Color Plus
- WiFi 6, 6E, 5G Sub-6 GHz, 5G mmWave
- Haptics Engine from Lofelt
- Snapdragon Sound Technology
- USB Type-C to support future XR accessories
The Snapdragon G3x Handheld Gaming Developer Kit will be available to developers starting today.
Commenting on this, Min-Liang Tan, Razer co-founder and CEO, Razer said:
Razer is extremely excited to partner with Qualcomm Technologies and support them on their way to introduce new cutting-edge technology to the global gaming industry. Together, Qualcomm Technologies and Razer will lead the way with new and innovative solutions that push the boundaries of fidelity and quality available in portable gaming, transforming the way these games are experienced.