Along with the Snapdragon 8cx Gen 3 Compute Platform on the Day 2 of the Tech Summit, Qualcomm has also announced the new Snapdragon 7c+ Gen 3 Compute Platform for entry-tier Windows PCs and Chromebooks
The new Snapdragon 7c+ Gen 3 is built on the 6nm architecture that offers up to 60% faster CPU multitasking performance and up to 70% faster GPU performance. It now supports 5G (sub-6 GHz and mmWave) and the integrated Snapdragon X53 5G Modem-RF offers peak download speeds of up to 3.7 Gbps, and the Qualcomm FastConnect 6900 system offers speeds up to 2.9 Gbps on Wi-Fi 6 and 6E. Further, this platform now supports Windows 11 and has UFS 2.1 speeds.
As for the camera, the Qualcomm Spectra ISP on the 8cx Gen 3 supports triple cameras up to 22MP, dual cameras up to 36MP + 22MP, single camera up to 64MP and has support for 4K HDR video capture. Moving on, the Qualcomm AI Engine on the Snapdragon 7c+ Gen 3 enables AI-accelerated experiences through 6.5 TOPS of performance. There is support for Qualcomm Voice Suite which has AI accelerated Echo-cancellation and noise suppression (ECNS) can filter out a noisy background to deliver clear audio.
Further, the 7c+ Gen 3 supports Microsoft Secured-core PC and has security integrated into hardware, and software, and enabling chip to cloud security. Also, this compute platform supports Microsoft PlayReady 3.0 and support for modern video streaming services. Qualcomm says that the improved connectivity in Snapdragon 7c+ Gen 3 will enable fast, advanced, efficient always-connected laptops for a new level of entry-tier Windows PCs and Chromebooks.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 7c+ Gen 3 specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm Kryo Octa-core CPU ; 6nm architecture
- GPU: Qualcomm Adreno GPU
- Memory: 2-channel LPDDR4x-4266, LPDDR5-6400 memory
- Storage: Support for NVMe SSD over PCIe, eMMC 5.1, SD 3.0, UFS 2.1 storage
- USB 3.1, USB Type-C
- Display: Up to FULL HD+ resolution
- Video: Up to 4K HDR video playback at 120 fps ; H.265 (HEVC), H.264 (AVC), VP9 codec support
- Camera: Qualcomm Spectra ISP; support for triple cameras up to 22MP, dual cameras up to 36MP + 22MP, single camera up to 64MP; 4K HDR video capture
- Audio: Qualcomm Aqsti audio codec, Qualcomm Aqstic smart speaker amplifier, Qualcomm Aqstic audio technology
- 5G: Qualcomm Snapdragon X53 5G Modem-RF system ; 3.7Gbps peak download speeds, 2.9Gbps peak upload speeds ; 400 MHz bandwidth on 5G mmWave, 100 MHz on sub-6 GHz
- 5G NR, Dynamic Spectrum Sharing (DSS), mmWave, sub-6 GHz, HSPA, WCDMA, LTE including CBRS support, CDMA 1x, EV-DO, GSM/EDGE
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 6E, Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 5, 802.11a/b/g/n, Qualcomm FastConnect 6700 System; up to 2.9Gbps peak speeds; 160 MHz channel support, 4K QAM, 6 GHz operation (Wi-Fi 6E), OFDMA (Uplink and Downlink), WPA3 security support
- Bluetooth 5.2
Qualcomm says that improved connectivity technology in Snapdragon 7c+ Gen 3 will enable fast, advanced, efficient always-connected laptops for a new level of entry-tier Windows PCs and Chromebooks. We should see devices powered by Snapdragon 7c+ Gen 3 to launch in the first half of 2022.