OnePlus just launched the OnePlus Nord 2 5G, the company’s latest mid-range Nord smartphone and the successor to the first Nord that was launched last year. It has a 6.43-inch FHD+ Fluid AMOLED display, 90Hz refresh rate, and a 20:9 aspect ratio, AI colour boost, AI resolution boost smart ambient display and more features, has a 32-megapixel in-screen camera with Sony IMX615 sensor, but misses out on the ultra-wide front camera which the first Nord had.
The OnePlus Nord 2 is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 1200-AI chipset, and OnePlus has worked closely with MediaTek to collaborate on the SoC and enhance its AI-based features. It supports both NSA and SA 5G, up to 12GB of RAM, and runs Android 11 with OxygenOS 11.3 based on ColorOS 11.3 after OnePlus’s announcement of merging ColorOS codebase with the OxygenOS. The company already confirmed that it will get 2 Android updates and 3 years of security updates.
The phone has a 50-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, which is the same sensor used for the ultra-wide camera on the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. This is larger than the Sony IMX586 sensor on the first Nord. It also has the OIS. It has an 8-megapixel 119° ultra-wide angle camera and a B&W sensor for portrait shots, 32MP front camera and a 4500mAh dual-cell battery with 65W fast charging that can charge up to 100%.
The phone still has the alert slider, and the 3D AG glass feels thinner and more rounded with Gray Sierra colour inspired by the shiny chassis of luxury sports cars. The Blue Haze has a porcelain-like finish that blends and reflects light for a visual appearance that sparkles. The India-exclusive Green Wood colour has a leather-like finish inspired from a pine tree. Compared to 4115 mAh battery with Warp Charge 30T fast charging in the first Nord, the Nord 2 packs a larger 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 that can charge from 0 to 100% in just 30 minutes.
OnePlus Nord 2 specifications
- 6.43-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 408 ppi 20:9 Fluid AMOLED display with 90Hz refresh rate, sRGB and DCI-P3 colour gamut, video enhancement, AI-Super resolution
- Up to 3GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 1200-AI 6nm processor with ARM G77 MC9 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 31) storage
- Android 11 with OxygenOS 11.3
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, 1μm pixel size, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, dual LED flash, 8MP 119.7° ultra-wide camera with f/2.25 aperture, EIS, 2MP mono camera with f/2.5 aperture, 4K video at 30fps, 1080p slow motion at 120fps, 720p at 240 fps
- 32MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX615 sensor, f/2.45 aperture, EIS
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 158.9×73.2×8.25mm; Weight: 189g
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- 5G SA (N41,N78, N28A, N1,N3,N79, N40)/NSA (N41,N78,N79, N40), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2X2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou, NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with Warp Charge 65 Fast Charging (10V/6.5A)
The OnePlus Nord 2 5G comes in Gray Sierra (8GB and 12GB only), Blue Haze (All versions) and Green Wood (12GB + 256GB only) colours, is priced at Rs. 27,999 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version (All colours), 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version (Gray and Blue) costs Rs. 29,999 and the top-end 12GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 34,999.
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (8GB and 12GB variants – Blue Haze and Gray Sierra) will be available to existing Red Cable Club members on 26th July and 27th July via the Red Cable First Sale on oneplus.in, OnePlus Store app & OnePlus Experience Stores. The 6GB + 128GB version in Blue Haze and 12GB + 256GB in Green Woods colours will be available only in August.
The OnePlus Nord 2 5G will be available for open sale at OnePlus.in, Amazon.in, OnePlus Experience Stores, Reliance Digital, Croma, Vijay Sales, Bajaj Electronics, Poorvika Mobiles, Sangeetha Mobiles, and other partner stores starting from July 28th.
- Users who purchase through oneplus.in or the OnePlus store app will be eligible to receive the OnePlus Band or OnePlus Buds Z at INR 1499 while the first 2000 to purchase on the OnePlus Store app will win a OnePlus handy fanny pack.
- Users can also avail Rs 1000 instant discount and no cost EMI for 3 and 6 months on HDFC Bank credit cards and EMI transactions on OnePlus.in. Nord 2 (8GB and 12GB variants) will also be on sale during Amazon.in Prime Day. Switch to OnePlus Nord 2 5G and get an instant INR 1000 off by bringing in your previous smartphones. Offer valid from 26th July till 31st July 2021.
For other users who are unable to catch the Nord 2 (8GB and 12GB variants) during the Red Cable First Sale and Amazon Prime Day, they can avail the below offers from 28th July onwards –
- Users can avail Rs 1000 instant discount and no cost EMI for 3 and 6 months on HDFC Bank credit cards and EMI transactions on OnePlus.in, Amazon.in, OnePlus Experience Store.
- Switch to OnePlus Nord 2 5G and get an instant INR 1000 off by bringing in your previous smartphones. Offer valid from 26th July till 31st July 2021
- Users who purchase through oneplus.in or the OnePlus store app will be eligible to receive the OnePlus Band at INR 1499. Offer valid from open sales date to 31st July 2021
- OnePlus Nord 2 5G users who sign up for Red Cable Club on their smartphones can also get additional 1Tb Cloud Storage with Red Cable Care plan (under Red Cable Pro), when you sign up before 31st August 2021
- On purchase of the OnePlus Nord 2 5G, consumers can get 3 months of Spotify Premium for free. They can avail this offer through their Red Cable Club platform, starting September 3,2021. Terms and conditions will apply.
- Other benefits under the Red Cable Pro plans include 12-month Extended Warranty, annual subscription of Amazon Prime and Uber Executive access. The benefits will also include an annual subscription of Spotify Premium starting 15th August, 2021. If you’re new to Red Cable Club
- New users of oneplus.in and the OnePlus Store App can avail instant discount of Rs. 500 using Welcome Gift voucher.