Samsung introduced the Galaxy A22 and the A22 5G smartphones a few weeks back. Now it has silently launched the 4G version of the phone in India. It packs a 6.4-inch HD+ Super AMOLED 90Hz screen with Infinity-U notch that houses a 13MP camera, is powered by screen Helio G80 SoC with 6GB of RAM, has a 48MP rear camera, OIS, 8MP ultra-wide camera, 2MP depth and a 2MP macro sensor.
The phone features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, plastic back and a 5000mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy A22 specifications
- 6.4-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 Infinity-U Super AMOLED display, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G80 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 11 with OneUI 3.1 Core
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos
- Samsung Pay
- Dimensions: 159.3 x 73.6 x 8.4mm; Weight: 186g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 15W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy A22 comes in Black and Mint colours and is priced at Rs. 18499 for the single 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version. It is already on sale from Samsung India online stores.