Sony Mobile has introduced new Xperia Ace II (SO-41B), a compact smartphone in Japan as the successor to Xperia Ace that was introduced back in 2019. It has a 5.5-inch HD+ display, compared to Full HD+ display in the predecessor, is powered by MediaTek Helio P35 processor with 4GB of RAM, runs Android 11, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, AI scene detection and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a water and dust-resistant body with IPX5 and IPX8 ratings, features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 4500mAh battery.
Sony Xperia Ace II specifications
- 5.5-inch (720 x 1496 pixels) HD+18:9 aspect ratio display with Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P35 12nm processor (ARM Cortex A53 CPU) with IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 11
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Water and Dust Resistant (IPX5 / IPX8)
- Dimensions: 140 x 69 x 8.9mm; Weight: 159g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with fast charging
The Sony Xperia Ace II comes in Black, White and Blue colours and is priced at 22,000 yen (US$ 202 / Rs. 14,800 approx.) in Japan. It is not clear if the phone will roll out in other markets.