Samsung has announced Galaxy F52 5G, a cheaper version of the A52 5G powered by the same Snapdragon 750G SoC in China. This replaces the 120Hz AMOLED screen with a 6.6-inch FHD+ LCD screen with the same 120Hz refresh rate, so this there is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner instead of in-display fingerprint scanner. It has a 3.6mm small punch-hole that houses a 16-megapixel camera. It doesn’t have IP ratings like the A52.
The phone runs Android 11 with One UI 3.1, features a 64-megapixel main camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera 2-megapixel macro camera and a 2-megapixel depth sensor. It packs a 4500mAh battery with support for 25W fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy F52 5G specifications
- 6.6-inch FHD+ (1080×2408 pixels) Infinity-O TFT LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core (2.2GHz Dual + 1.8GHz Hexa Kryo 570 CPUs) Snapdragon 750G 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 1TB via micro SD card
- Android 11 with Samsung One UI 3.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 64MP rear primary camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide angle camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.6 x 76.3 x 8.7mm; Weight: 199g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (typical) / 4350mAh (minimum) battery with 25W fast charging
The Samsung Galaxy F52 5G comes in Dusky Black and Magic White colours, is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 310 / Rs. 22,730 approx.) and is available for pre-order in China starting today.