Sony Mobile has introduced new Xperia Ace (SO-02L), a compact smartphone in Japan along with the Xperia 1. It has a 5-inch Full HD+ display, is powered by Snapdragon 630 with 4GB of RAM, runs Android 9.0 (Pie), has a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, AI scene detection and an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
It has a water and dust-resistant body with IPX5 and IPX8 ratings, features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 2700mAh battery.
Sony Xperia Ace specifications
- 5-inch (2160 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+18:9 aspect ratio LCD Trilluminous Display for Mobile
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 630 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 508 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 512GB via microSD card
- Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 1.25 μm, Exmor R sensor, Hybrid (OIS + EIS) image stabilization
- 8MP front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Water and Dust Resistant (IPX5 / IPX8)
- Dimensions: 140 x 67 x 9.3mm; Weight: 154g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 2700mAh battery with fast charging
The Sony Xperia Ace comes in Purple, Black and White colors, is priced at 48,600 yen (US$ 444 / Rs. 31,190 approx.) and will go on sale through Japanese operator NTT Docomo starting June 1st.