Xiaomi’s Redmi brand just launched Redmi Watch, the company’s latest budget smartwatch in India, as it had promised. It has a 1.4-inch touch color LCD screen, 200+ watch faces, 24-hour heart rate monitoring, 50-meter (5 ATM) water resistance so that you can also take it for swimming. It also has GPS support and 11 sports modes.
Redmi Watch specifications
- 1.4-inch (320×320 pixels) 323 PPI touch color LCD screen with 350 nits brightness, 60% NTSC color gamut
- 3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope, Barometric Press sensor (altimeter), Compass, Ambient light sensor
- Bluetooth 5.1 to connect to Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+ devices
- 11 Sports modes: Outdoor running, Treadmill, Outdoor cycling, Open water swimming, Freestyle, Pool swimming, Cricket, Trekking, Trail run, Walking and Indoor cycling
- Automated Heart Rate Measurement, 24-hour Real-time Heart Rate, Sleep Monitoring, Breathing, Notifications, Weather, Clock, Alarm, Flashlight, Music Control, Idle alerts
- GPS / A-GPS / GLONASS
- Water Resistant (5ATM or 50 meters)
- Dimensions: 41x 35 x 10.9mm; Weight: 35g (with strap) 21g (without strap)
- 230mAh battery with 9 days battery life with typical use, 10 hours with continuous GPS use in sports mode
The Redmi Watch comes in Black, Blue and Ivory colours with matching straps and there is also a separate olive strap. It is priced at Rs. 3999 and will be available from Flipkart, mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from May 25th.