Xiaomi just launched the Redmi Note 10S, the company’s latest mid-range Redmi smartphone in India as it had promised. It comes with a 6.43-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with up to 1100 nits brightness, 60Hz refresh rate, 120Hz touch sampling rate and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. Inside the 3.54mm punch-hole there is a 13-megapixel camera. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio G95 with 6GB of RAM, dual layer graphite sheet and runs Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 out of the box, but the company says that this is the interim version and a full version with all the features including option to uninstall system apps will be added via OTA update.
The phone has a 64-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, 2-megapixel depth and 2-megapixel portrait cameras. It features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Z-axis linear vibration motor, IP53 ratings for water resistance, stereo speakers and packs a 5000mAh battery with 33W fast charging that can charge up to 54% in 30 minutes and 100% in 78 minutes.
Redmi Note 10S specifications
- 6.43-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with up to 1100 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G95 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with 900MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with, 0.7μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 118° ultra-wide sensor, 2MP depth and 2MP macro camera
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Water resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 160.46×74.5×8.3mm;Weight: 178.8g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The Redmi Note 10S comes in Shadow Black, Frost White and Deep Sea Blue colours, is priced at Rs. 14,999 for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 15,999. It will be available from Amazon.in, Mi.com, Mi Home stores and retail stores starting from May 18th.