After teasers Redmi today confirmed the launch of Redmi Note 10S smartphone in India on May 13th. The company says that it will offer Savage Performance and Stunning Camera. It posted a teaser last week that hinted at MIUI 12.5 out of the box, 64MP rear camera, Hi-Res audio, and Blue, Gray and White colours for the phone.
The Redmi Note 10S was introduced back in March this year for global markets. This has almost similar specifications as the Redmi Note 10 with the Helio G95 SoC instead of Snapdragon 678 and 64MP rear camera instead of 48MP rear camera. The company has also confirmed that it will come with IP53 ratings for dust and water resistance.
Redmi Note 10S specifications
- 6.43-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with up to 1100 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G95 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with 900MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with, 0.7μm pixel size, f/1.79 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 118° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Water resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 160.46×74.5×8.3mm;Weight: 178.8g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The Redmi Note 10S will be sold on Amazon.in, in addition to mi.com and offline stores. The Redmi Note 10 recently got a price hike in India, so it now starts at Rs. 12,499. We should know the price of the Redmi Note 10S when it goes official next week.