vivo just launched the V21 5G, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone in the V series in India, as it had promised. It features a 44MP auto focus front camera with 4K video recording, Night Portrait, Super Night Selfie features and also comes with Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) for better videos and night selfies and Dual Selfie Spotlight that offers bright selfies and videos, thanks to dual LED flash on the front. It has a 6.44-inch Full HD+ E3 AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate.
The phone is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 800U SoC with 8GB of RAM with extended RAM technology, so an 8GB phone can tap on 3GB of external memory space for RAM. It has a 64MP rear camera with OIS, 8MP wide-angle that can also shoot portraits, and a 2MP macro camera. It has an AG matte glass finish, 7.2mm sleek body and pack a 4000mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging that can charge up to 63% in 30 minutes.
vivo V21 5G specifications
- 6.44-inch (2404 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED screen with up to 800 nits brightness, HDR 10+, 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A76 + 4 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 800U (MT6873V) 7nm processor
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Android 11 with Funtouch OS 11.1
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, OIS, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, portrait option, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 44MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, OIS, dual LED flash, 4K video recording
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio
- Dimensions: 159.68×73.90×7.29mm Dusk Blue）/ 7.39mm (Sunset Dazzle); Weight: 176g（Dusk Blue）/ 177g (Sunset Dazzle)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4000mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
The vivo V21 5G comes in Arctic White, Sunset Dazzle and Dusk Blue colours, is priced at Rs. 29,990 for the 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 32,990. It will be available from Flipkart and vivo India eStore online and offline retail stores starting from May 6th with pre-booking starting today, April 29th.
Commenting on the launch of V21, Nipun Marya, Director – Brand Strategy, vivo India, said:
These are challenging times for all of us in the country. We wish speedy recovery of all those who are suffering from COVID-19. We are wholly committed to India and stand by the nation and continue to support society in fighting this pandemic. vivo has also recently announced INR 2 crores to aid COVID-19 relief efforts and acquire Oxygen concentrators. This is a small yet significant step to address multiple issues the nation is
facing at the moment.
At vivo, we are on a constant endeavor to understand the consumer’s pain points and then create a bridge between humanity & technology. And we are extremely greatful to our consumers for showing faith and love towards vivo. It is this love that motivates us to commit to our purpose-to create joyous connections through simplified technology. The vivo V-Series has received a tremendous response from the consumers, particularly for its
design aesthetics and camera excellence. Taking the legacy forward, we are proud to introduce vivo V21 which features the world’s first 44MP OIS front camera!